Stuffed Pasta Shells
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cheeses and spinach; stuff into shells. Arrange in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over the shells. Cover and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese after baking.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 314 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Dec 20, 2018
This is a very basic recipe. Often, I add chicken (canned works fine) to the shell stuffing and use a good jarred Alfredo... I often sprinkle bacon on top along with the grated parmesan and bake per recipe....Go ahead, experiment...!
Apr 14, 2018
I don’t see why not Carol. I was thinking the same thing. I would cook ground beef, add it to spaghetti sauce and then add to shells.
Feb 10, 2018
I haven't made this yet. Would it work with ground beef added in the sauce?
Jan 11, 2016
The stuffed shells were super easy and delicious. Think I may try the steamed spinach next time since the frozen was a little chewy even after cooking them. Still delicious though.
Dec 3, 2015
Excellent simple yet very tasty recipe - I've used this recipe for myself and taken it to friends houses - they're always gone in a hurry!
Sep 12, 2014
This is an amazing recipe. It has great flavor and excellent texture. I know people who only stuff their shells with ricotta which I very much dislike the taste. This recipe with the spinach and mozzarella cheese are a fantastic combination. Super Delicious and Super Easy. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Aug 13, 2013
I forgot to add in my last rating that I make two 8 in. pans with this recipe and freeze one. I defrost before heating and it never fails. Tastes as fresh as when I made it.
Aug 13, 2013
I have been making this for years and everyone, including all the grandchildren, love this recipe. So easy but looks like you worked for hours. Cheesy and just a wonderful taste in the mouth. I get asked for the recipe all the time.
Mar 4, 2012
No comment left
Jan 12, 2012
These stuffed shells turn out great. I added a little more ricotta cheese. Probably shouldn't have used all the spinach, but overall was very good!