Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 16 to 18 large fresh whole mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 3 ounces pepperoni or summer sausage, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms; set caps aside. Mince the stems. In a skillet over medium heat, saute stems, onion and garlic in butter until soft. Remove from the heat and stir in remaining ingredients. Firmly stuff into mushroom caps; place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 159 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 406mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 19, 2018
Loved the recipe, I added 1/2 package of cream cheese to the mixture and topped with shredded Mexican mixed cheese.
Oct 25, 2012
No comment left
Oct 18, 2012
forgot to mention that I top the mushrooms with sliced mozzarella the last 5 mins of cooking.
Oct 18, 2012
I have made these mushrooms for years now. They are so delicious. When my husband and I separated this was one of the recipes he asked for :)
Dec 24, 2011
We added 1/2 C. Hormel peppered bacon (already cooked and in a bag) to the ingredients then topped each mushroom with some bacon before cooking. It added immensely to the flavor and appearance! We also used chopped green onions to enhance the appearance as well.
Apr 9, 2011
Wow! These were surprisingly good! I used summer sausage so the stuffing had a smoky flavor. I only used a few mushroom stems just because I didn't want the mushroom to over-power the minced summer sausage. I will, for sure, keep this recipe to make again!
Feb 9, 2011
Delicious! I used crab meat in place of the sausage. My family loved them!