What's more New England than fish? I've grown up eating lots of fish, and this is one of my favorite recipes. I like to prepare this ahead of time when I'm expecting company. When my guests arrive, I just pop it in the oven and it's ready in 30 minutes.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 flounder or sole fillets (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a skillet, melt 1/4 cup of butter; add tomato, celery and parsley. Cook over low heat until vegetables are tender and juices evaporate, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the bread crumbs, blue cheese, egg and salt. Spread over fillets; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 11x1x2-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; add lemon juice. Pour over fillets. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove toothpicks before serving.