Stuffed Cube Steaks
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Cook: 35 min.
- 8 beef cube steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon browning sauce, optional
- Pound steaks to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spoon salad dressing over steaks. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- In a large saucepan, combine the vegetables, broth and remaining salt. Cover and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving liquid.
- Spoon 1/4 cup vegetable mixture onto each steak; roll up and secure with toothpicks. In a large nonstick skillet, brown meat rolls in oil on all sides. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove with a slotted spoon; keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved cooking liquid until smooth; stir into pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add browning sauce if desired. Remove toothpicks. Serve with steak rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 258 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 6, 2013
No comment left
Sep 26, 2012
This was good. I just wish my cube steak had been more tender. I may need to simmer it longer. Or maybe I just bought a bad cut. Anyway the taste was very good. And I really enjoyed the stuffing.
Mar 20, 2012
This is very tasty and the extra stuffing makes a great side dish.