Stuffed Chicken Rolls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Cook: 4 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; coat chicken on all sides. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and broth; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove toothpicks. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed chicken breast half: 525 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 914mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 60g protein.
Jan 26, 2020
I've not made this for quite sometime. First made in mid-70s. Always came out tasty and I usually served with rice and a salad.
Jan 26, 2020
So good and so easy. This is a favorite just the way it's written. I have added baby spinach once or twice as suggested below, and that was also good.
Aug 12, 2019
This is a very good casserole and what makes it so great is, it is made in the slow cooker.
Jun 19, 2019
So you are cutting the chicken pieces in half ? Then you will have 12 pieces not 6 ?
May 27, 2019
I add a layer of baby spinach on top of the cheese before rolling to add a bright pop of green amid all the white. It adds a more visually appealing look when cut and a great way to eat your spinach!
May 7, 2019
Tasty, simple to make. Have made several times.
Nov 26, 2018
We have a progressive Christmas dinner party to attend. Good news is I chose to bring appetizers. Then the memo came out dinner has no main dishes as there isn’t a house big enough to hold all the people so “appetizer bringers” are to bring small versions of entrees. Aaaaargh-I was going to make mini home made crust stuffed with salmon mouse baked, now think I’m gonna bring this-thanks for the post
May 13, 2018
My kids love to eat chicken and I will be trying this stuffed breast recipes soon. I am thinking to make ahead these chicken rolls for our Rammadan and during the breaking of fast I can bake the rolls. Thank you for great idea.
Apr 9, 2018
Chicken Roll is very use full when we Hungry fast: https://www.sooperchef.pk/chicken-veg-spring-rolls-recipe/
Apr 8, 2018
just had this for dinner tonight. It was good. I substituted the chicken soup and broth for chicken gravy. I also used thyme because that's what i had. I also cooked it in the oven. 350 for about an hour