Streusel Sweet Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bow, combine the first eight ingredients. Spoon into a greased 3-cup baking dish. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 740 calories, 32g fat (13g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 107g carbohydrate (70g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Mar 26, 2016
WONDERFUL!!! I try every one of these i can find..and this one is one of the best!!
Nov 26, 2015
I first tried this recipe when in appeared in Quick Cooking and it has been in our family Thanksgiving dinner each year since. I just multiply the ingredients to make 6 servings. No need to alter any ingredients with this. Absolutely wonderful!
Feb 19, 2009
I didn't have any sweet potatoes on hand and was impatient to try this so I used my frozen banana squash instead. It was great, can't wait to try it with sweet potatoes or yams.