Streusel Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon half of batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle half over batter. Add remaining batter and topping.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until done. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely. For icing, combine all ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake.
Apr 5, 2016
Very good. I really like the filling. If you like a stronger cinnamon flavor, you probably want to add a little more and I also divided the batter into thirds. Essentially putting all the topping inside. I covered the top of the cake with a mixture of 1 tbsp. of sugar and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. I also substituted walnuts for pecans and 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts was plenty. I did agree with one other user that if you get just the cake and none of the topping, the cake seemed a little on the dry side.
Jul 17, 2013
A little on the dry side. Any suggestions on how to make it more moist? Everybody said it was very good and I'm sure I will make it again. The streusel topping is delicious.
May 29, 2011
No comment left
Feb 12, 2010
First time I ever made a coffee cake, very easy and very good.