Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup cold whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 8 cups cubed angel food cake
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, sour cream, pudding mix and orange zest on low speed until thickened. Fold in whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-qt. glass bowl. Arrange a third of the strawberries around sides of bowl and over cake; top with half of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 376 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Apr 9, 2020
Made this last Easter...now family requesting again this year!
May 20, 2019
This is delicious I use a pound Cake and omit the sour cream .My son request this weekly it’s usually gone the same day
Apr 22, 2019
I made this for Easter. It was easy, not too sweet and gone before I knew it! A dessert I will come back to make again and again!
Jul 20, 2018
This was a hit with my book club. Beautiful presentation and delicious. I love that it uses real homemade whipped cream and isn’t overly sweet. The angel food cake holds it sponginess and the texture is perfect with the Light creaminess of the pudding. The only change I made was to add a Tablespoon of sugar to the sliced berries To bring out the juices. I sliced, sugared the berries and left them in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning I made the whipped cream and pudding and assembled. This made it quick to put together in the morning. I then refrigerated the trifle for 2 hours before serving. Lynne
Jul 9, 2018
My family and I loved this! I adapted it to be sugar-free by using a Pillsbury sugar-free yellow cake mix. I used a small amount of powdered sugar (regular) to lightly sweeten the whipped cream, however, along with vanilla. It was a hit, even to the kids! No one knew it was sugar-free until I told them!
May 29, 2018
This was super easy to make, beautiful, and tasted delicious. I made this for a potluck, and everyone loved it.
May 8, 2018
This dessert is just way too good. It was Love at first bite...
Apr 1, 2018
Made this today for Easter. Thought the sour cream made for a very sour flavor.
May 29, 2017
Made this for a Memorial Day Party. Absolutely delicious!!! Tip: Instead of sour cream, I used Greek yogurt. It was perfect!
May 23, 2017
An easy, light and refreshing dessert. The orange peel in the whipped cream/pudding mixture is delicious.