Strawberry-Stuffed French Toast
This simple stuffed French toast is great to serve the family for weekend breakfasts. The sweet creamy filling is sure to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. —Julie Vogl, Cumberland, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup strawberry yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 8 slices of white bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries, sweetened to taste
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese, yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Spread 2 tablespoons on 4 slices of bread; top with remaining bread to make 4 sandwiches. Beat eggs, milk and remaining vanilla; dip sandwiches.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Toast sandwiches until golden brown on both sides. To serve, top each sandwich with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1/4 cup strawberries.