Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup white wine or apple juice
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a blender, combine all ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into two bowls; cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1-2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 281 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (56g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 4, 2017
Refreshing and easy to make. The wine version is light and satisfying. The apple juice version is for the younger set. You can add a bit of sparkling water when serving to perk things up. Make sure it is served nicely chilled.
Jan 8, 2013
No comment left
May 19, 2011
This was very easy to make. I substituted molasses for the sugar as we are trying to avoid white sugar in our house. I would use a little less sweetener next time. Probably add a little and then taste-test it before adding any more. Even when not in season, the strawberries themselves are very sweet when pureed.
Nov 9, 2009
I had a tea party and the ladies were wqwing and askink for the recipe.thanks so much