Strawberry Pretzel Pie
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 4 cups miniature pretzels
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled, divided
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Place pretzels in a food processor; pulse until chopped. Add butter and sugar; pulse until combined. Reserve 1/3 cup pretzel mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop half the strawberries; hull the remaining berries and reserve for topping. In a large bowl, beat 1 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Beat marshmallow cream, cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk into cooled gelatin mixture until blended. Gently fold in chopped strawberries and whipped cream. Pour into crust.
- Refrigerate, covered, until firm, 4-6 hours. Beat remaining 1 cup heavy cream until stiff peaks form; spread over pie. Top with reserved strawberries and pretzel mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 350 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 9, 2020
This is the third time I've made this recipe. My family and guests love it, and it's so easy. I have a question though. Is there any way to freeze it?
Jul 7, 2020
Reviews were mixed on this pie. My 20 something daughter really liked it. I thought the pie filling had too much fake strawberry flavor from the Jell-o. If I make it again I would use a lot more fresh strawberries (and possibly try to figure out how to make it with plain gelatin and strawberry puree). I did not use the marshmallow whip and was glad I omitted it (it was plenty sweet with the Jell-o and the sweetened condensed milk) The pretzel crust was delicious and I will use it for other recipes. I added a approximately one tablespoon of frozen lemonade to the fresh whipped cream for the topping and it was fantastic! Since I made this for the 4th of July, I added blueberries as topping.
Jul 3, 2020
Excellent pie. Good flavors
Jun 29, 2020
Family enjoyed the pie. I pipped the whipped topping for a pretty presentation. I will not make this recipe again as written, I had no idea what to do with a little leftover condensed milk and whipped cream cheese (They are NOT a pantry staple in my house, only get for specific recipes.) I would like to make again without the fluff, use regular brick of cream cheese and whole can of condensed milk to see if has same family appeal.
Jun 25, 2020
Totally tasty as is and no-bake is always great. Will use again!
Jun 21, 2020
This recipe sounds absolutely delicious!!! I’ve seen other strawberry pretzel renditions but not to this caliber! Way to kick it up a notch! I’m so excited to try this for my family bbq next weekend! Oh and it is a desert so I’m glad it will be sweet, and processed foods are a part of life so get over it, and hull or chop or slice etc. it’s gonna be okay critics!!! No need to hurt someone’s feelings after putting up a beloved recipe. Geeez!
Jun 1, 2020
Far too sweet, and too many processed ingredients. I'm so sorry.
Jun 1, 2020
Shouldn't you hull ALL of the strawberrie, both topping AND chopped?