Strawberry Nut Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
Makes2 loaves (2 cups spread)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Drain strawberries, reserving 1/2 cup juice. Set berries and juice aside. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Combine eggs, oil, strawberries and food coloring if desired; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and reserved strawberry juice until fluffy; refrigerate. Serve with the bread.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 241 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 7, 2019
Very quick to put together. I had frozen chopped berries in the freezer- so used a bit over 2 cups-and because they were juicy, I added 3 Tbl flour. I baked just a few min. more- this makes lovely loafs- I keep one in the freezer for a needed gift
Nov 6, 2010
This recipe is very similar to one that has been passed through the generations in my family. I opt for walnuts versus pecans, but it is ultimately the primo love and comfort food for me... Enjoy!