Strawberry Lemon Trifle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon white grape juice or water
- 1 prepared angel food cake (12 ounces)
- Optional: Whipped topping and additional strawberries
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt. Add the milk, dry pudding mix and lemon zest; beat until smooth. In a blender, process 1/2 cup strawberries and grape juice until blended.
- Tear cake into 1-in. cubes; place a third in a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. Top with a third of the pudding mixture and half of the remaining strawberries. Drizzle with half of the strawberry sauce. Repeat all layers. Top with remaining cake and pudding mixture. Garnish with whipped topping and additional strawberries, if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 108 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
May 17, 2020
Probably one of the BEST summer deserts I have ever had. Very easy to put together, I used angel food cake due to no pound cake avail. It worked just fine. So light and refreshing! Family went crazy over this desert!
Apr 17, 2014
Love the lemon pudding, I used this recipe as a basis to make a birthday trifle for my very picky friend, it was a huge hit with everyone who had some!
May 19, 2012
I did add fresh lemon juice to the pudding. It added a little more lemon flavour. It was delicious. Took it to a party, everyone had seconds.
May 29, 2009
Everyone kept tasting the grated lemon rind. Said next time leave it out so I don't know if I will make it again or not.
May 25, 2009
5 stars. Everyone loved this dessert. I did add cool whip and more strawberries than the recipe called for.