Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- STRAWBERRY GLAZE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) strawberry jelly
- 3 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur or lemon juice
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1 quart whole fresh strawberries, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine pecans, crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 10-in. springform pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Spoon over crust.
- Bake until filling is almost set, 45-50 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 15 minutes. Meanwhile, for topping, combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over cheesecake and return to oven for 5 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Several hours before serving, prepare glaze. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Add jelly and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until jelly is melted and the mixture has thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in liqueur and, if desired, food coloring. Cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, loosen and remove sides of springform pan. Arrange strawberries on top with pointed ends up. Spoon glaze over berries, allowing some to drip down sides of cake. Serve immediately.
Strawberry Cheesecake Tips
How do you know when your cheesecake is done?To determine if your strawberry cheesecake is done, do the wobble test! Give your pan a light tap with a wooden spoon and watch. It should wobble slightly, but if it ripples and jiggles noticeably, it's not ready.
How long will this cheesecake last in the fridge?This cheesecake recipe lasts for up to 5 days in the fridge, but it's best to eat in the first day or two.
Can you freeze cheesecake? How do you thaw cheesecake?Yes, you can freeze cheesecake! Cool it the way you would normally, first at room temperature and then in the fridge until set. Then wrap your homemade strawberry cheesecake (whole or in slices) first with plastic wrap and then with foil. It lasts for about 2 months in the freezer. To thaw, place at room temperature for 2-4 hours or in the fridge overnight.
Can I make this strawberry cheesecake using a water bath?Yes! A water bath will help your cheesecake cook evenly and avoid cracking. Just fill a large roasting pan with an inch or two of hot water. Wrap the bottom of your spring form pan tightly in foil before placing in the water bath and baking this dessert recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 453 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
May 4, 2020
how many people could eat one cake?
Apr 30, 2020
Delicious! I have made many cheesecakes and this one is tops!
Apr 18, 2020
I have made this cheesecake several times. It is my go to cheesecake recipe no matter what toppings I put on it.
May 7, 2019
Absolutely the best! I was wondering if this could be done in a 9" springform pan and if so would I just increase my baking time?
Feb 2, 2018
I've made this cheesecake a bunch of times and it's always a huge hit. My 15 year old son wants this as his birthday cake!
May 15, 2016
My family loves this recipe..definitely a hit.
Dec 20, 2015
This was my very first time baking a cheesecake using my new Kitchen Aid Mixer. It was such a hit that everyone wants me to make one for Christmas! I am going to be one BUSY guy in the kitchen!My hint is using Grand Marnier in the glaze.
Oct 3, 2015
im making a cheesecake my question is when making the glaze do i leave it in the pan then serve on top while its still cooling down in the fridge or add to the cheesecake after 24 hours and let it cool longer?
Sep 22, 2015
This was my first homemade cheesecake I've ever made and it was amazing! First advise is to definitely let it sit for 24 hrs before serving. I tried to rush it and quickly cool it in the fridge and it was 10 times better the next day! The strawberry topping in the perfect combo of sweet and tangy. I sliced the berries and put the sauce on top as it was served vs putting the whole berries on top. Oh and the crust....oh my!! Delicious!! I will definitely be making this again and again!
Mar 14, 2015
Any time I make ANY kind of cheesecake (not just strawberry), this is my go-to recipe. I love the glaze, so I've made it with just about every possible berry flavour so far. I've also used this as a base for several other flavours of cheesecake, including maple and chocolate! I've tried a bunch of other recipes all over the internet, but this is always the one I keep coming back to :)