Strawberry Cheese Pie
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil and set shell aside.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Add eggs; mix until combined. Pour into shell. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and remaining sugar in a bowl; mix well. Spread over filling. Turn oven off. Return pie to the oven for 15 minutes. Remove; cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Before serving, top with strawberries. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 417 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Nov 28, 2015
Fantastic! What an easy way to have homemade cheesecake. I topped mine with an early batch of fresh picked Florida strawberries and used the cheesecake/pie as a Thanksgiving dessert. I am sure I will make this again and could even top it with different fresh berries.
Jan 19, 2013
This always tastes fantastic and gets compliments. So easy and a great stand by.
Dec 20, 2011
Excellant! The best cheesecake/pie recipe I've ever made.
Mar 19, 2011
I have been making this recipe for years.It taste really good and is so simple to make. It can be made with or without the strawberries. Its great either way. Thanks for the great recipe!
Nov 29, 2009
No comment left