Strawberry Bliss Omelet
Instead of the usual ham and cheese, try dressing up eggs with strawberries and cream cheese. I first tasted this dish while vacationing at the beach. —Selina Smith, Frostburg, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Heat butter in a 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are almost set, sprinkle cream cheese, brown sugar and 1 cup strawberries over 1 side. Fold omelet in half. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes or until brown sugar begins to melt. Slide omelet onto a plate; top with remaining strawberries and dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1/3 omelet: 378 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 466mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Aug 12, 2020
Wife made this for me. She cut the recipe in 1/3 to use just 2 eggs for a single serving. She also substituted heavy cream for the water. Excellent.
Jul 1, 2012
May 30, 2009
No comment left