Strawberries ‘n’ Cream Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in strawberries and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Pour into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 199 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 21, 2020
I enjoyed this very much. Such an extremely soft bread you need to eat it with a fork. Will make this recipe again. Not too many strawberries to make the bread mushy in areas, it's a textural thing with me and many bread call for too much fruit and I'm not happy with the results when they do.
Jun 22, 2020
I can see why some people add extract, because even with 1 1/2 cups of strawberries, the strawberry flavor doesn't really stand out. I omitted the nuts cuz I don't like them. Other than these 2 things, I followed the recipe. The cinnamon was a nice addition! My husband really liked it.
Sep 2, 2019
This bread turned out nicely!! I added some strawberry extract with the vanilla for some extra berry flavor!
May 2, 2018
Nice bread recipe. Very moist. I followed the recipe with the exception of adding a few more strawberries. I will make this again.
Jul 14, 2017
No comment left
Jul 25, 2016
Baked this yesterday with strawberries that were in the fridge for a few days. It turned out great!! Didn't add nuts and I did use one cup of strawberries. I baked it in three mini loaf pans so it was done in about 40 minutes. Delicious!! Would definitely be baking this again!
Jun 2, 2016
This bread is sooo good! It is so moist, with a great flavor. I love the cinnamon in it. I don't put the nuts in. I make it for my family and friends and they all love it! I also make a sugarless version, replacing the sugar with agave sweetener and increasing the flour to 2 cups, and it is still really yummy! I definitely agree with reducing the cooking time, as mentioned in other reviews. I also bake mine in smaller loaf pans, to help it bake more evenly.
Apr 30, 2016
I made this delicious bread today. This is a keeper. I made a few adjustments after reading the reviews. I used 1 1/4 cups finely diced strawberries and I set my timer for 47 minutes. It was done. I'm glad I didn't overcook it. It is always easier to add time, if needed. I used pecans instead of walnuts. Don't leave the nuts off the top. It makes this bread delicious.I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.
Apr 13, 2016
I gave it 4 stars as the recipe is written. It needed more strawberries. I put in 1 cup, but I think it needs at least a cup and a half berries.
Jul 6, 2015
I read the reviews before making this recipe, and I took everyone's advice on using 1 cup of berries. I also mashed up about a quarter cup of berries and threw that into the mix, and I omitted the nuts. I made the recipe as muffins instead of bread, with a streusel topping. They turned out so good! I am definitely making them again. Thanks for the recipe!