Stir-Fry Rice Bowl
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, zucchini and mushrooms; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Add bean sprouts, spinach, water, soy sauce and chili sauce; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, 1 at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- Serve rice in bowls; top with vegetables. Drizzle with sesame oil. Top each serving with a poached egg.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 305 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 8, 2020
Jun 11, 2020
I loved how the flavors came together. My three kids actually liked this too! Two of them thought it was pretty spicy, so I made them an extra egg to balance out the spice. This was my first experience with poaching eggs, and they turned out great!
May 9, 2020
I'm giving it two stars for being ok tasting. It's nothing special, it needed a lot more flavor. It's also really missing a few things to be called bibimbap and not just stir fry.
Apr 10, 2020
This was ok. I think it was kind of bland. Added extra chili sauce, soy sauce and salt. It needs something to give it a little kick. I would try it again but add a little more spice.
Mar 18, 2019
Great healthy, low calorie, very filling recipe! Easy to make. Tasted wonderful, the poached egg makes this dish. I used sriracha sauce as that is what I had. It is chili sauce, just hot. Otherwise followed recipe. Will make this again. If you are looking at this recipe you must try it.
Jan 25, 2019
This is a great recipe! Will make again
Jan 8, 2018
What a wonderful, super flavorful meal!! I added some red pepper flakes because we love heat and skipped the rice.
May 12, 2017
This was hit with my family. Though I normally prepare my own vegetables, I used a packaged mix of fresh broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, and added some fresh snap peas. The recipe is so versatile, one could use nearly any combination. Everyone liked it so well, we had this 2 nights in row. Thanks for the great recipe!
May 2, 2017
This is yummy! I doubled the sauce but next time i will quadruple it.
Feb 21, 2017
Beautiful dinner, perfect recipe for Instagram!