Starry Night Taco Cups
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese and/or sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the salsa, ketchup, chili powder and salt; heat through.
- Cut each tortilla into a 4-in. square; set scraps aside. Microwave eight squares at a time for 20 seconds. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased muffin cups; set aside.
- Cut tortilla scraps into stars with a 1-in. cookie cutter; place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes or until golden brown; set aside.
- Fill each tortilla cup with 2 tablespoons meat mixture. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tortillas are golden brown. Serve with toppings of your choice; garnish with toasted stars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 143 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 27, 2014
These were a big hit! I want to try in mini cupcake tin next. Make 2" squares. They could be filled with lots of different fillings as well. The options are limitless! We used ground venison in place of beef. A winner!!
Sep 2, 2011
These taco cups were so easy! And they were a big hit with my 2 kids. I didn't use the taco mix the recipe calls for. Instead I had leftover chicken taco filling from the Taste of Home recipe for "Lime Chicken Tacos". I used this instead and they came out amazing! I'll be making these again.
Sep 10, 2009
No comment left