Squash Custard Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed cooked winter squash
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1 unbaked pastry shell
- Whipped cream or topping or garnish
- In a bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients.
- Pour into the pastry shell; bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 45 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Chill. Garnish with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 361 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 6, 2018
I also use butternut squash and it is a wonderfully different version of pumpkin pie. People are surprised to hear it is made of squash.
Nov 21, 2014
my mom always made her pumpkin pies from hubbard squash that she would cut with a hacksaw in half bake in the oven and then prepare the pie filling so good
Sep 3, 2013
I made this using Butternut squash fresh from our garden. It is delicious and easy to make.I substituted pumpkin pie spice for the spices listed and it was wonderful.Will definitely use this recipe again!
Oct 20, 2009
This pie is awesome!!! I didn't have enough heavy cream so I had to substitute half & half for some of it and also used pumpkin pie spice instead of the individual spices listed. The pie came out wonderful and filled my house with an incredible aroma :)
Nov 19, 2007
No comment left