Spinach-Stuffed Chicken with Linguine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup salsa
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add spinach and cook just until wilted. Remove from the heat; stir in Parmesan cheese and salt.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Spread ricotta cheese and spinach mixture over the center of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place egg in a shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter. Place chicken, seam side down, in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Drain linguine; toss with remaining butter and salsa. Discard toothpicks from chicken. Serve with linguine.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed chicken breast with 1 cup linguine: 681 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 203mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 52g protein.
Jul 11, 2020
Loved it and so easy to make
Jun 30, 2020
I followed the recipe as written for the chicken. However, the pasta with salsa kind of threw me off. First of all, I want to say that this recipe is a tad bland. There's not a lot of flavor with the ricotta and parmesan, even paired with the garlic/spinach mixture. Although a nice presentation, it is a recipe that I probably won't try again. Nevertheless, I realized why the salsa was a listed ingredient....it needed to kick up the flavor of these chicken breasts considerably!!
Aug 22, 2015
I cut the recipe in half, but used more garlic and it turned out really delicious. The meat was moist and not salty. I did not use the linguini. Delicious!!
Feb 2, 2015
We teally loved chicken prepared this way, although I used butter rather than egg for breading the chicken.