Spinach Potato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh or chopped frozen spinach
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, onion and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook until spinach is wilted and mixture is heated through.
May 21, 2020
Love this soup with a few personal tweaks even though it's good with out them. My favorite restaurant served a spinach and feta soup before it shut down a few years ago. I searched for the recipe but could never find it. This recipe taste exactly like it though, with the addition of sour cream and feta cheese. It has been a hit with friends and family as well. I double it up a few days ago and am currently eating a bowl I I type this review.
Nov 7, 2016
Making this tonight because I wanted to use up a pkg of frozen spinach. Have everything but the whipping cream will use evap milk as a substitute i guess. I think sausage added would be wonderful as previously reviewed but don't have any ugh. Do have some ham though so will use that. Will update when I get finished.
Feb 8, 2011
Very good soup! I did make a few modifications though, ended up using chopped onion and garlic sautéed in butter, then adding the water and chicken bullion. Overall my family enjoyed it very much and next time I think I'll add some kielbasa.
Jan 11, 2009
No comment left