Spinach Hash Brown Frittata
I love this recipe for its ease! Make it the night before, cover with plastic and pop it in the refrigerator and bake the next morning! —Gilda Lester, Millsboro, Delaware
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon strips, finely chopped
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fontina cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- In another skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain.
- In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer hash browns, spinach mixture and pancetta. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1/2 cup fontina cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and nutmeg; pour over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.