Spinach Cheese Manicotti
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 manicotti shells, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and pepper; beat until smooth. Stir in onion mixture and spinach. Stuff into the manicotti shells.
- Pour half of the spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Arrange shells over sauce; top with remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 682 calories, 38g fat (19g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 1418mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 7g fiber), 33g protein.
Jan 7, 2020
Have made this twice now. Everyone enjoys it!
Nov 3, 2017
absolutely great ,Family ate the whole pan
Mar 10, 2015
This was real good. Filling is also good as a lasagna. Just add an egg to the mix. (Found this out when i discovered I had no manicotti shells, but had lasagna noodles). Have made this 2 times now as manicotti and 1 as lasagna, will do both ways again. Changed nothing in the recipe for either way of preparing.
Sep 8, 2014
This was a really good recipe. I added a shredded chicken breasts to the mixture before I stuffed the manicotti.
Aug 21, 2014
Yummy. The recipe yielded enough filling for 12 manicottis--I had quite a bit left over. I had 1/2 jar of marinara that I needed to use, and it was exactly enough to cover the 8 manicottis.
Feb 19, 2014
Great recipe. Added red, yellow, orange peppers as I didn't have onions on hand. Used a sweet basil marinara sauce as the spaghetti sauce and it was terrific.
Sep 1, 2013
Delicious manicotti! I did brown some Italian sausage and add to the sauce, but other than that, followed the recipe exactly. Also, I cut the manicotti open and put the filling in....too time consuming to stuff the uncut tube. I put it seam side down in the pan....no one knows the difference when they put a serving on their plate! I've made a lot of manicotti in my time....none was better than this, so I'll be making it again!
Feb 9, 2013
I've made this many times, always got rave reviews. My only trouble is cooking the pasta so it's not chewy, but still holds up when I try to fill it. I've used the recipe for stuffed shells- works just as well.
Feb 6, 2011
I followed the recipe exactly as written, other than using fat free cream cheese. It was the most delicious manicotti I have ever eaten anywhere.
Mar 21, 2010
No comment left