When my grandchildren were only 3 years old, they tried this "yummy" soup at a local restaurant and fell in love with it, so I immediately asked for the recipe. They still call it "Yummy Soup".
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes14 servings (3-1/2 quarts)
- 5 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, combine spinach and cream. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until heated through. Add remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and soup is hot.