Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- Preheat grill or broiler. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute mushrooms and green onions until tender. Stir in spinach and pecans until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Grill, covered, on an oiled grill rack over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat on a greased broiler pan until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes per side. Top with cheese; grill or broil until cheese is melted. To serve, top with mushroom mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 203 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
May 20, 2020
Tasty. I used Swiss cheese and Rosemary Garlic blend for the chicken. Cooked the chicken in my George Foreman grill.
Apr 2, 2020
Excellent although I didn't grill the chicken but used already cooked
Jul 16, 2019
Add bacon and it's 5 stars
Jun 16, 2019
This was good but a bit bland. Next time I’ll spice it up a bit more. I love spinach and mushrooms and enjoyed this with the Provolone on top.
Apr 15, 2019
I prepared this recipe a bit differently. Used all of the ingredients except that I prepared it as a casserole. Chopped up all of the poached chicken. Made a gravy from the broth . Started with a layer of buttered noodles , then veggie mixture, cut up chicken and finally the cheese. Offered extra gravy on the side. Excellent. VFE- Everyone lived this recipe.
Nov 3, 2018
Pretty bland the first night, but better the 2nd night. I sauted the breasts (split down the center lengthwise) so didn't get any charring from grill or broiler. I'll try broiler to finish them next time.
May 25, 2018
My family and I loved it. It really was easy to make.
May 22, 2018
May 20, 2018
I left out mushrooms as i hate them. Chicken was delicious.
May 19, 2018
One of my favorite meals