Spicy Tomato Steak
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 45 min.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef round steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large resealable bag, combine the vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain marinade. Place flour in another large resealable bag; add beef and toss to coat. In a large skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 195 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Sep 5, 2011
Fantastic flavor and the whole family loves it. Been making this recipe for years. I add 2/3 cup of water to the recipe and make it in the pressure cooker for even quicker meals and it has more "sauce".
Jul 24, 2010
Very tasty and a little bit different from most stovetop beef steak recipes. My DH likes this served with lots of flour tortillas.