Spicy Skillet Supper
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, optional
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, brown turkey over medium heat; drain if necessary. Add chili beans, rice, salsa, vinegar and seasonings; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 248 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 944mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
May 1, 2020
This recipe was really tasty that I barely had any leftovers.
Dec 3, 2015
I really like this recipe because it is easy to make and it is very flavorful! All the flavors work well together and it is nice to use ground turkey for a change. This meal is also great the next day for leftovers!
Oct 27, 2015
Quick, easy and filling. No criticism. But it kind of felt like a cheat. Just me I'm sure.
May 27, 2013
Good. Nothing fancy but really easy and quite healthy, lots of lean protein. Not much effort to make.
Jan 28, 2013
We have been making this easy supper so often that after several years, it has become a staple on our rotating menu list. I combined all the spices into a jar so that I could easily toss them in at once. The quick ingredients and having the spices already prepared has made this my #1 cheater meal. It's excellent with tortilla chips. I leave the vinegar out because I dislike vinegar, and I use regular Mexican blend shredded cheese. A favorite. Thanks for the recipe! :)
May 17, 2011
No comment left
Jan 24, 2011
This meal was very good. I had to use white rice because I had no brown rice. I also used Mexican Blend cheese instead of cheddar and I thought the Mexican cheese complimented the meal very well. Definitely added to my book of recipes.