Spicy Mac ‘n’ Cheese
To give a little life to regular macaroni and cheese, my best friend and I decided to stir in ground beef and a chopped jalapeno.—Debra Kind, Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion, peppers and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in macaroni, milk and seasonings. Reduce heat. Stir in cheese until melted.