Spicy Chicken Tenders
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground turmeric, ginger and cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins
- In a small bowl, combine water and seasonings; brush over both sides of chicken tenders. Place in a bowl and toss to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked chicken: 108 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Feb 5, 2013
No comment left
Jan 22, 2013
Excellent recipe, my husband absolutely LOVED it and it's become a "regular" on our menu. It is so easy to prepare, too! I've actually been cooking it in a pan on the stovetop and that has worked out well, I keep it covered so that I don't lose the juiciness of the chicken. I also marinate in a glass or stainless bowl for 30+ minutes and I like the amount of spice it retains. I've been serving it with a garlic brown rice and quinoa mix as well as ~12oz of edamame (soybeans) that I saute with a tablespoon of butter, some minced garlic, sea salt, black pepper, and a drizzle of sriracha sauce. It ends up being a flavorful, filling, healthy meal that fills the kitchen with a delicious aroma. Easy + healthy + delicious = a keeper for me!
Dec 29, 2010
I tried these tonight for dinner...they were great! Quick to prepare, moist tenders with a great flavor. I did have to cook them a little longer than suggested, but I might not have had the pan as close to the broiler as suggested.
Oct 25, 2010
This was amazing. Will make again!!
Feb 25, 2010
its delicious and yummy