Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound fresh broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, stir 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon cornstarch until smooth. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, combine chicken and pepper flakes; stir-fry over medium-high heat in 2 tablespoons of oil for 5 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the broccoli, onion and garlic in remaining oil for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, ginger and remaining soy sauce and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Add to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and walnuts; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 466 calories, 33g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Mar 15, 2013
I made this as directed but my husband really prefers his broccoli well cooked. Next time I may try zucchini. Otherwise I thought it was pretty good. I thought the pepper flakes spiced it up nicely.
Apr 26, 2011
Yeah, this was not my favorite stir fry by a long shot, though my husband did have seconds and the 1.5 year old gobbled it up. A little bland and unexciting. I made it as written, I think, maybe went a little light on the veggies.
Mar 28, 2010
No comment left