Spicy Chicken Nuggets
We devour these golden brown chicken nuggets at least once a week. If you want to tone down the heat, skip the chipotle pepper. —Cheryl Cook, Palmyra, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, optional
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs, cheese and, if desired, chipotle pepper. Place butter in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken pieces in butter, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place chicken on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 371 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 527mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Apr 23, 2019
Our grandchildren loved them! And they are “nugget experts!”
Apr 14, 2016
easy and quick to make just not quiet spicy enough. will make again with perhaps a bit more heat.