Spicy Breaded Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut into pieces and skinned
- In a plastic bag, mix bread crumbs, milk powder, chili powder, garlic powder and dry mustard; set aside. Place milk in a shallow pan. Dip chicken pieces into milk, then place in bag and shake to coat. Place chicken, bone side down, in a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with vegetable cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50 to 55 minutes or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts8 ounce-weight: 233 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 8, 2016
I'm so glad I found this recipe It is truly delicious. It's hard to find a spicy dish that isn't loaded with salt and fat. I used skinless chicken breasts and baked them 45 min. I'll definitely be making this recipe again
Apr 28, 2014
I use this breading on baked pork chops. It's the only way my hubby will eat them
Oct 24, 2011
No comment left
Dec 28, 2010
I used boneless chicken breasts and cut them down to have spicy chicken tenders. My guys loved it!
May 4, 2009
Can I use this recipe on the chicken pieces with skin?
Feb 4, 2008
My husband loves fried chicken, but I never had much success making it for him until I tried this recipe. His principal criterion for good chicken is how it tastes cold and this meets his standard. Everybody else willingly gobbles it hot or cold!