Spicy Beef Burritos
Green chilies, salsa and jalapeno peppers add lots of zip to these meaty burritos from Deb Poitz of Fort Morgan, Colorado. "Instead of cooking the filling on the stove, it can be simmered in a slow cooker," Deb suggests.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 to 3 cups julienned cooked roast beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 cup salsa verde or regular salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 to 3 teaspoons diced jalapeno pepper, optional
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Shredded cheddar or Colby cheese
- Sour cream, chopped tomatoes and additional salsa, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the beef, salsa, chilies and jalapenos if desired. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until mixture reaches desired thickness. Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup off-center on each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold the sides and ends of tortilla over filling and roll up. Serve with sour cream, tomatoes and additional salsa if desired.