Spiced Nut Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 10 cups
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) salted peanuts
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and water until frothy. Add nuts; stir gently to coat. Combine sugar, pie spice and salt; add to nut mixture and stir gently to coat. Fold in raisins. Spread into two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 300° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 134 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Aug 13, 2019
I've fixed this for years and given it for gifts during the holiday season. I use golden raisins instead of dark raisins here. You can't stop eating them!
Dec 14, 2013
I double the recipe . It is such a great gift for teachers, coaches, etc at Christmas time. I usually add other nuts too like brazil nuts, pecans and cashews
Dec 29, 2010
I have made this recipe twice this Christmas season and gave the nuts to friends in a pretty jar with a ribbon attached. I also added pecan halves and dried cranberries. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
Sep 29, 2009
No comment left
Oct 12, 2008
This is the recipe I was looking for. thank you sooo much!!!!!