Spiced Corn Salad
This is my mother's recipe. With just the right amount of zip, it's one of my favorite dishes to serve at a good old-fashioned Texas barbecue.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, mushrooms and chilies. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl; pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.