Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 to 3 cups julienned cooked roast beef
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in soup and milk until blended. Add the beef, mushrooms, ketchup, bouillon, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve over noodles.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 278 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1176mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Mar 8, 2016
Excellent way to use leftover roast beef. Good texture and taste.
Aug 11, 2011
I often use ground, precooked, hamburger when I don't have roast available. I have been making this for years.
Jun 13, 2011
No comment left
Feb 28, 2011
No comment left
Dec 18, 2010
I like to use sour cream in my stroganoff and didn't have any in the house. I decided to look for a recipe that didn't call for sour cream. I'm so glad I found this recipe. The taste is excellent, and my family loved it. I don't think I'll need sour cream to make stroganoff again.
Dec 14, 2010
I use only 1-1/2 Tbsp ketchup. This leftover beef meal is very good! It would work good with leftover pork roast as well; I may try that with crm of chic soup. -Lori in WI.