Special Strawberry Spinach Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 9 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds. Place dressing ingredients in a blender; cover and process until combined. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Feb 21, 2020
I didn't have seasame seeds so I added a few more poppy seeds in the dressing. It was delicious!
Jun 27, 2018
Been making this salad since it was first published. Love it!
Jul 24, 2017
Excellent! I shared it at a club meeting and I have to share the recipe at the next meeting! It was a hit!
May 14, 2014
This salad recipe is a keeper! The dressing is wonderful? I will try it again soon as a main dish salad and add some grilled chicken breasts.
Mar 2, 2013
This is amazing. The dressing is so good. Sometimes I add banannas, or you can even add grilled chicken strips to make it a meal.
Jan 14, 2012
I made this for our daughters wedding in 2010. Delicious!!
Jan 13, 2012
No comment left
Aug 7, 2011
I use baby spinach in this recipe. It is light tasting, and great with the baby spinach. I even use a little less sugar and it's still tasty.
Mar 28, 2011
No comment left
Jun 12, 2010
First made this from the magazine & it's still my favourite company green salad. Dressing is wonderful!