Special Scalloped Corn
Carrots and green pepper make this dish colorful, which grabs attention at a potluck. The corn casserole is also a smart idea for when you need to prepare a dish ahead of time—easy baking is all it takes to finish it up. —J. Brown, Fort Dodge, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.