Special Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt if desired and pepper. Cut each tenderloin into six pieces; flatten to about 1-in. thickness. Melt butter in a large skillet. Dip pork into flour mixture; add to skillet and brown on both sides. Place in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking pan. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic until tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over pork. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the juices run clear and a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts2 pieces: 294 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Jul 17, 2017
Pretty good! No leftovers, and I added a little bit of crushed peppers, so it had a sweet and spicy taste.
Feb 19, 2015
Good and a little different than our usual. I used boneless pork loin chops instead of the tenderloin, which worked out fine.
Oct 8, 2014
We loved it but my husband added a little ground cayenne pepper to the sauce mixture to it spice it up a bit.
Jul 21, 2014
This is one of my family's new favorite dinners. I serve it over brown rice. It is simply delicious! Thank you for this wonderful recipe!
Mar 18, 2014
Great way to prepare pork tenderloin! We like a little more zing, so next time I will bump up the spices, but the sauce was very tasty, and not sweet. I served it on a bed of rice.
Feb 18, 2014
I have been making this recipe for over 10 years. It is a hit everytime I entertain.
Feb 11, 2014
So good--thank you!
Nov 24, 2013
We love this recipe; it's so good! It will definitely be listed as one of our favorites. Would like to try it with chicken as well.
Sep 28, 2013
This is absolutely delicious! The pork is fork tender and the sauce is not overly "applesaucy"...it almost tastes more like gravy than applesauce. Wonderful! My family really enjoyed this dish. I enjoyed both the flavor and the simplicity.
Aug 25, 2012
No comment left