Special Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a small skillet, saute almonds in butter until lightly browned; set aside. In a saucepan, cook brussels sprouts according to package directions, adding the bouillon cube to the water.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the soup, milk, pimientos, pepper and thyme. Cook until heated through. Drain sprouts; top with the cream sauce and stir gently. Sprinkle with almonds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 124 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 20, 2014
Made these for thanksgiving potluck. Ppl kept asking me for the recipe. I substituted cream of chicken with cream of mushroom. Delish! !!
Apr 22, 2012
Love this recipe. Made it many times & always well received.company certainly enjopyed it. Many requests for the recipe.
Oct 11, 2010
I made this recipe for our Thanksgiving dinner tonight, and my husband loved it. It's really easy, and I will make it again for Christmas.
Aug 7, 2010
This is the only way my DH will eat Brussels sprouts. I will eat 'em any way on any day, but I will agree that the sauce disguises some of the bitterness of sprouts that people complain about.