Southwestern Lentil Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups cooked lentils
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients and shake well. Pour over vegetables and toss. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 330 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 243mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 9g protein.
Oct 4, 2018
Substituted olive oil for all the vegetable oil, of course. Was tasty without sweet and needed color so I did add shredded baby carrot to compensate. If I make again, I would probably try a sweet red bell pepper in place of the green and definitely bump up the cilantro.
Feb 27, 2013
The original recipe didn't have enough flavor or color. I added diced carrots, green chilies a small amount of olive oil, shallots and green onions... very yummy
May 9, 2011
No comment left