South Seas Chicken and Bananas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 very firm bananas, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups cornflakes crumbs
- 5 to 6 pounds chicken pieces
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- Sliced kiwifruit and starfruit, optional
- In a food processor or blender, blend the lemon juice, condensed milk, milk, coconut and cardamom until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Dip bananas into milk mixture; roll in cornflakes and set aside.
- Dip chicken into remaining milk mixture; roll in remaining cornflakes and place in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Drizzle with 1/2 cup of the melted butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- Arrange bananas over the chicken. Drizzle with remaining butter. Bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Garnish with kiwi and starfruit if desired.
Nutrition Facts13 ounce-weight: 856 calories, 42g fat (20g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 592mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 43g protein.
Dec 18, 2019
Very tasty, my family loved the bananas, was a little messy to make but well worth it.
May 28, 2017
A unique and delicious recipe. My grandson loved it. I would definitely make this again.
May 6, 2017
The subtle sweetness of the crust is the perfect accompaniment for the chicken and bananas.
Jan 31, 2011
No comment left
Nov 19, 2009
This recipe was a little messy to make but soooo worth it when you taste the end result!!! Will definitely make this again
Nov 4, 2008
No comment left