Sour Cream Apple Squares
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature, beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter; beat at low speed until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Press about 2-3/4 cups into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- To the remaining crumb mixture, add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt, sour cream, vanilla and egg. Beat until thoroughly combined. Stir in apples. Spoon evenly over crust. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 320 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 1, 2015
This was moist and very tasty. I added 3 cups of apples.
Jun 26, 2014
Made this exactly as written and we loved it! Moist and full of flavor
Sep 22, 2012
I also made this from a Pillsbury recipe inte 70's. It's very good with a scoop of vanilla icecream!
Feb 23, 2012
No comment left
Feb 14, 2012
I too misplaced this recipe and am happy to recover it. We sometimes made it with a cream sauce.
Oct 10, 2010
This recipe was really easy and absolutely delicious!
Sep 22, 2010
My grandmother came across this recipe in your magazine when I was younger and made it for special occasions. She misplaced the recipe and never found it again. I was so happy to find it again on your website!
Sep 18, 2010
I found this same recipe in an old Pillsbury Bakeoff book from the 70's. Is that you guys? Wow!
Mar 20, 2009
No comment left