Soft Zucchini Spice Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups grated zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Add the egg and mix well. Combine dry ingredients; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Stir in zucchini, walnuts, raisins and orange zest. Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookies are set.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 132 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 21, 2019
i added more flour. i also put whipped butter cream by betty crocker on these cookies...that topped it.
Aug 23, 2017
No comment left
Aug 6, 2017
Very tasty. I didn't read the comments (I know I should.) about adding more flour. Decided to add the extra flour, on my own, as I figured the consistency would have been perfect for a loaf of bread than cookies (I may try w/o extra flour to make zucchini bread!). I had already decided to use cranberries instead of raisins. I also decided to use hazelnuts instead of walnuts. Well worth the experiment!!
Sep 6, 2016
Very good and moist, but add a little flour to firm the batter.
Aug 8, 2016
Made these tonight, they are delicious! I used a full 2 cups flour as someone suggested, 1tsp orange extract instead of peel, & 1/2 cp dried cranberries instead of raisins. LOVE THEM!!!! Can't wait to share with my coworkers tomorrow!
Aug 3, 2016
After reading the reviews, I thought I would try this. I did take the advice from Carrolltown Girl which the cookies turned out perfectly. I didn't have an orange so I modified and put in mandarin abstract and it was delicious. Thank you for sharing.
Sep 25, 2015
Yummy, nice soft cookies. Good way to use zucchini
Aug 15, 2015
I added about 1/3 extra cup of flour to this recipe and baked about 15 minutes. Glazed with an orange juice and confectioners sugar glaze. Very good. Maybe would add about another 1/2 cup of raisins next time because I like raisins.
Nov 23, 2013
These were a hit with everyone. I doubled the recipe and it wasn't enough!
Jul 29, 2013
The dough was very runny and the cookies were flat as pancakes :-) I don't know if the measurements are off on the recipe but my husband that has been a baker for 40 years said he thinks so.........