Soft Sandwich Buns
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 1-1/4 cups milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3-3/4 cups bread flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and punch down. Divide dough in half. Roll each portion to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Brush tops with melted butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 126 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 130mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 24, 2018
I've been making these for about 18 years. They are excellent. I was so glad a friend directed them to me years ago. If you're hunting for a success, you've found it in these.
Nov 25, 2015
These are in the oven now. made them smaller for rolls to go with Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I have made them many times for holidays, potlucks etc. Always turn out good.
Sep 26, 2014
I've always found sandwich rolls rise too high and make the sandwich more bread than filling and my boyfriend hates that! These, however, are different. They don't tower up and they're substantial enough to hold some sloppy (wet) ingredients without falling apart. I love them! What a great recipe. Thanks for submitting.
Feb 23, 2014
These rolls are awsome! My husband requests them weekly instead of buying store bought bread. Wouldn't change a thing about them.
May 20, 2013
I use this recipe all the time. My family loves it. Top notch and easy.
Aug 4, 2012
These were delicious rolls. I made them yesterday for pulled pork sandwiches but the kids enjoyed them as regular dinner rolls and then I used them this morning to make breakfast sandwiches and they were amazing. I will make these again and again.
Feb 1, 2012
This is a fabulous go to recipe as is or with powdered ranch added. have rolled this out and made pizza buns also good. I use this recipe at least weekly.. thank you
Feb 4, 2011
I made these to make sandwiches tomorrow, and I added 1/2 tsp McCormicks Garlic & Herb seasoning. They were awesome, and my family suggested a double batch next time.
Jan 15, 2010
No comment left
Jan 12, 2010
I added a tablespoon of ranch dressing powder to these