Smoky Beef ‘n’ Beans
Liquid Smoke gives a unique taste to this thick and hearty combination of beef and beans shared by Anita Curtis. "I serve it with a crisp salad to make a complete meal," notes the Camarillo, California cook.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) pork and beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook the beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 337 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 1171mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 8g fiber), 22g protein.
Oct 23, 2009
Sep 16, 2009
What flavor!!!! Thoroughly loved this. Will make again and again. Forget the 8 servings. We snarfed it down. Seconds all around.
Jun 6, 2009
No comment left