Smoked Salmon New Potatoes
Give twice-baked potatoes a rest this year and try these stuffed spuds. Smoked salmon and cream cheese blended with lemon juice and dill are simply piped into small red potatoes. Leftovers are even good with eggs for breakfast. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 36 baby red potatoes (1-1/2 inches wide, about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) smoked salmon or lox
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, until tender, 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes; immediately drop in ice water. Drain; pat dry.
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each potato to allow them to lie flat. Using a melon baller, remove a small portion from the top of each potato.
- For filling, place all remaining ingredients except dill sprigs in a food processor; process until smooth. To serve, pipe or spoon about 2 teaspoons filling into each potato. Top with dill sprigs. Refrigerate leftovers.