Smoked Paprika Chicken
I truly appreciate the speed of the multi-cooker. We use it often for this smoked paprika chicken recipe. The seasoned sauce gets its richness from sour cream. —Holly Ottum, Racine, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Pressure-Cook: 30 min. Air-Fry: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- Add onion to inner pot of large multi-cooker; top with chicken. In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth. Whisk in tomato paste, garlic, paprika, salt, thyme and hot pepper sauce. Pour over chicken. Lock pressure lid. Press pressure function; select poultry setting. Set to medium cook time (30 minutes). Start.
- Quick-release pressure. Remove chicken. Stir sour cream into cooking juices; remove and keep warm. Wipe inner pot clean.
- Place chicken on wire rack with handles; lower into inner pot. Cover with air frying lid. Press air fry function; select poultry setting. Press timer; set to short cook time (25 minutes). Cook until lightly browned. Serve chicken with reserved sauce.