Slow-Cooker Potluck Beans
It was the morning of our family potluck and I still needed something to bring. I threw together this recipe while drinking my morning coffee. By the end of the gathering, the beans were all gone and someone had even washed the crock for me! —Mary Anne Thygesen, Portland, Oregon
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) butter beans
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) navy beans
- In a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, mix first 4 ingredients. Rinse and drain beans; stir into coffee mixture. Cook, covered, on low until flavors are blended, 4-5 hours.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled beans in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, stirring gently; add water if necessary.